View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #19
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I don't think that April is two-dimensional: I believe that she was a very well-rounded character, with a fascinating attitude toward her world - it's when we come to Zoe that things change: I liked her too, but I also think that she clearly demonstrate that Mr. Tornquist has only created another stereotype. Zoe is a little adjusted version of April: is this consideration that - paired with Mr. Tornquist takes on the subject - bugged me a bit

I also agree with both of you in placing Tornquist amongst the plot-driven writers: but, I also want to remember that others great examples of plot-driven writers - Lori Ann Cole, Christy Marx, even the late Roberta Williams - didn't make the mistake, in their game, to over-stylized their characters (at least not always) for the mere sake of the story, 'cause - without characters (unless we're talking about Myst) - there isn't an adventure game in the first place.

Anyway, I'll be extremely glad to be proved wrong by Dramfall: Chapters (also because, as I stated before, I think that Kian Alvane, if properly written, could be such a wonderful character)
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box