Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #1267
Terramax

Quote:
Resident Evil Remake: March 22, 2002
Eternal Darkness: June 23, 2002
Resident Evil Zero: November 21, 2002
I stand corrected. Sorry.

Quote:
Yeah, I've rediscovered my old love for games like Contra or Gradius. I really hope to see more quality "schmups" for the X360 as the achievment possibility makes for great replayability and bragging rights
I know there's Wartech for the 360 but that's the only one I know of classic 2D shmups, and even then Wartech is technically a fighting game.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of the old skool videogames. I seem to be more and more into my pick and play casual games these days.

I decided to play Gradius V again after all this talk and, on medium settings, managed to get 2/3rds the way through level 4 before needing a continue (and quitting). I think there's about 8 levels in total so you've got a bit of a way to go, but persistancy is the way to victory.

And I love the soundtrack (by vagrant Story's Hitoshi Sakimoto). Once I get his music in my head it's no leaving for days.

I'm currently playing through Resident Evil Gamecube (if I haven't mentioned already). I'm on the courtyard house, I think it's called, about to face the sharks to the controll room. Really enjoying this game, although easy mode really is quite easy. I've about 15-20 mixed heal up herbs and over 100 pistol bullets and around 30 for the shotgun.

Only thing I don't like is on many occasions it's impossible to avoid zombies forever. The corrdors are just too tight to manuever past most of them. But setting them alight afterwards is always great fun. I should see this game to the end.