View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #676
AprilLives

Default The Lost Crown

The Lost Crown

This is a very good game (7.9) that didn’t seem so good at the start. Once I adjusted to the wooden voice and zombie gait, it wasn’t long before my regret at paying full price changed to … wow … this is great and I’m getting more than my money’s worth of entertainment.

There was something about this game that made it hard to put down. The puzzles did not feel like puzzles nor were they brain-bending but there was a great sense of needing to solve something from one event to the next. I looked forward to turning every single page as the plot developed. I was eager to know what would happen next.

The black and white art with brilliant splashes of color was both dreamlike and realistic … and so beautifully detailed. The sounds were some of the best I’ve heard in any game.

The plot overall is wide open to interpretation. A little less mystery as to what’s going on would have garnered the game an 8 in my view. But it seems clear the developer wanted it that way and I don’t feel short-changed. In fact, I really appreciate that the developer gave his all and wanted to please the game player to the very end.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)