Thread: E3 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #53
Rayvielle

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

The FF13 multi-platform announcement is great news for a lot of people who have chosen their console but couldn't access it because it was exclusive to another. However, I feel this is bad news for Sony.

Microsoft maintain exclusivity on their key IP's (Halo, Gears, Fable), but keep picking away and taking Sony's. They even announced Fallout 3 has exclusive XBLA downloadable content, to co-incide with the exclusive GTA4 DLC XBLA owners are expected to have this year (which is rumoured to be as big as Vice City!).

I actually feel this is quite a blow to Sony. I'm against platform exclusivity for the most part, I think every gamer should be able to experience a game they want to play and shouldn't have to invest in another console just so they can do that. But I can also see how this can hurt a companies marketing strategy and be potentially fatal to them in the long run.

Still, a GREAT E3 for Microsoft, but a relatively poor one for Sony and Nintendo, even though a new Animal Crossing is always fun.