View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #15
Kazmajik

I would love to have a new game come out that isn't a complete disappointment. It seems that almost every game that I've been looking forward to the last few years has turned out to be mediocre at best when it actually comes out.

Next Life (aka Reprobates): Looked forward to it, when it came out I read a couple reviews, and decided not to get it.

Overclocked: I was intrigued by the premise of this game, and waited for it with interest, then decided not to get it after it came out and the reviews were less than enthusiastic.

Belief and Betrayal: Now this game from the start grabbed my attention and I was really looking forward to it, and then it came out and, once again, everything I've heard about it turned me against it.

It goes on and on, games that I look forward to come out and I just know that I will be disappointed, like I was with Moment of Silence, Culpa Innata, Legacy: Dark Shadows (which has a lot in common with Culpa Innata, quite frankly), Murder on the Orient Express, and so on.

I'm looking forward to A Vampyre Story and Gray Matter, and I'll keep a few others on my radar, but lately so many of the games have been so similar in their mediocrity that I no longer have my hopes very high for any of them. I hope to find that this is not the case and that there are some exceptions to be found.