View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Lupin The Third

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
What cable you tried, i used component cable on ps2, did you use that or normal AV cable?

as far as adventure games go, the thing i realized is advnture gaming is slowly dying to the extent of nonexistant on consoles.

It did revive on DS though, probably because its too cheap to make DS games, DS is almos tlike atari of nowadays, countless softwares weekly.

I personally dont like to play adventure games on consoles specially one that have mouse cursor, not 3d, DS and PC are best for those games.

One of the game that could might work best on PSN right now is clocktower, one of the best adventures of PS1.
It has little to do with what cable you use. Virtually any 3D PS2 title is going to look like dumpster juice on a large screen HDTV. The PS2 (and DC) just don't have the processing power to output 3D games that are rendered well enough to look good on a large screen HDTV. I'd even say most Xbox 1 games don't look all that great on a large screen HDTV...Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden, and a fw other look nice but most didn't.

However 2D is an entirely different subject. Games like Ikaruga, Metal Slug, Exit, Castlevania and others that have been released on XBLA look amazing on large HDTVs, and many of these titles have had only the most minor of visual upgrades if anything at all was even done to them. While a game like King's Quest 1 would need a graphical overhaul I can't imagine something like Cures of Monkey Island not looking amazing as is.

You make a good point about the genre getting a mini-revival on the NDS. Personally I think if games like Myst can sell on the NDS, a platform that is predominantly played by younger gamers, I can't imagine that the genre wouldn't do well on XBLA/PSN...especially given the typically older deographic that supports the PS3 and 360.

I agree about the Clock Tower series. It's be a great addition to PSN (or XBLA) and it's actually a good example of how adventure games can work well on a console when properly designed around how a console operates.