View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #31
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Okay.

I don't like the way this game treats new players. If I don't understand what's going on, it should rush me through the plot and get to a half-satisfying ending so that I get a general sense of what's going on. Then I can replay it. But I'm needing to replay over and over right from the very beginning. (I've already had to restart a few times.) I don't like that at all. This game seems to be very interesting on replaying, but I'm not so likely to replay a game I can barely enjoy the first time I play it.
What's wrong with not understanding when you're not supposed to understand much yet? Isn't it fun to try and put two and two together as people make demands on you and lots of things start to happen? You find it boring to read newspapers, I find it boring when everything is spelled out for me.

I know you're not the only one who complains about having to fail and maybe replay a section many times in order to discover the correct solution to a problem. It's like you have to die in order to understand what you have to do to stay alive. However, I still feel the game is fair. For instance, Cath's jacket is a real mess after he has disposed of Tyler, he even looks at the blood. That's a hint.