View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #28
Fien
Senior *female* member

Well, it's hard for me to give my first impressions of a game I have already played several times. I know I've said it before but both the dialogues and the voiceacting are first-class: The way the English woman says "Sophie!" when Sophie is being provocative, the stylish way Anna snubbs Cath, me standing outside Milos' door eavesdropping and hearing Tyler's name mentioned repeatedly without understanding a word of the conversation... wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
You're probably missing that if you're not French, but the actress who plays the engineer's wife is particularly great; she really is the perfect embodiment of the useless, dumb, self-satisfied bourgeoise.
I can't help feeling sorry for poor Madame Boutarel, who will be stuck in the desert for a long time, with an indifferent husband and a weird child, and nowhere to go.

@colpet:

Yes, the newspaper clipping, but there's more subtle info that Cath wants to travel incognito. Have you read both telegrams? One in Cath's inventory, one in Tyler's bag. His name is not on the passenger list. He doesn't mention his name to the conductor and even lets him think he is Tyler before he knows Tyler is dead. So of course he would be the obvious suspect when Tyler's body is discovered.

@Moriarty:

I agree one hundred percent with Kurufinwe about the importance of the historical background. For instance, Milos' Black Hand and his general ("What am I going to tell the general?") did exist. But the TLE story itself is fantasy. So if you find the newspaper too boring to read, you will be able to understand the unfolding plot.

@The Doctor:

Welcome to Adventure Gamers! Hope you will keep posting your comments. I agree that the clock and the different format can be daunting at first, although I was absolutely enchanted the first time I played TLE and didn't mind the running around one little bit, the eavesdropping was so rewarding.

I bought the strategy guide last year, after I'd already played the game twice. In my not very humble opinion, you would deprive yourself of a lot of fun if you used it to see what things are absolutely necessary each day. Play it by ear, just like Cath. After all, he doesn't have the faintest idea what's going on either. You can always ask for a hint here if you're stuck.