Thread: E3 2008
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #25
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Sony's Turn

Well I can't say I was blown away by any of that.

Resistance 2 looked excellent. The playthrough with the giant monster was ace. Same trailer as previously posted.

Doing your sales presentation as a Little Big Planet level - Priceless. A cute idea and a great way to promote the range of LBP customisation (out in October)

New downloadable Ratchet and Clank - Quest for Booty looked like fun.

Gran Tourismo TV - Yawn

Still no date for Home - Arrrrrrrrrrggggh although the themed areas looked nice. They need to bloody release this already.

New TV service from today - *shrug*

Resistance on the PSP was a surprise. Looks ace and I might actually play my PSP for the first time in about a year then. Other Highlights for PSP over the next year: Star Wars, Madden, LocoRoco, NBA, a new Lego franchise, Patapon 2, Buzz quiz game with ad-hoc play

Sony online with a MMO - DC Universe. Can't play any of the characters, but otherwise looks like City of Heroes.

New 80 gb PS3 for $399, no mention of lowering the other models.

A montage of developers kissing ass about the power of the PS3.

A very quick video of LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, MGS4, Guns of the Patriots, Quantum of Solace, SOCOM Confrontation, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Soul Calibur IV, Resistance 2, The Agency, Naruto Storm, Mirror's Edge, Resident Evil 5, Singstar, Guitar Hero World Tour, NBA09: The Inside, Buzz Quiz TV, Killzone 2

Ok now to the nitty gritty.

A teaser trailer for God of War 3. (looked ok, but no gameplay of course)

A decent trailer for InFamous.

and the final surprise......

MAG - Massive Action Game.

A 256 player MMO FPS that allows people to work in 8 man teams, rise through the ranks to lead squads and take part in HUGE 256 player battles. All very SOCOM online like.

No motion Control, No Heavy Rain, No new PSP, not a lot of new game stuff.
Seem to concentrate more on the online aspect of the console.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/15/hi...ss-conference/