View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #16
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I'd be interested in knowing where they plan to go with the story... I can't see where you continue from the end of the second (either the original or with the extension pack)
The entire game and its expansion are about entities from the hells and more importantly one or more from the heavens, interfering with mankind's 'development'.

The 'devils', with a huge pool of talent to draw from other than the three brothers, seeking to control and wreak havok on the mortal plane. And from the heaven's, Tyreal trying to 'shepherd' mankind in his own self opinionated and domineering fashion not to mention the higher order he mentions in one of the cutscenes who flat out forbade him to interfere at all

I always questioned Tyreal's motives in D2 and especially D2X, so I expect it will go further into that this time around. I hope the comet is only celestial in origin and not some space tie-in.

Having just visited the site and seeing Tyreal's big mug front and center behind the logo... it could be good. But that comet is still a worry, I cross my fingers against the possibility of space alien shitty poo poo.