View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 AM   #57
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I'm not sure that you can really describe him as a little cutie...
Ah, but we also used to call Cuno the little one too, and we also call Paul the little one now. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Awwwwwww. He's gorgeous! Why do people feel they can smack Dobies around? My second job as a vet was in a small animal practice. One of the vets there also worked at the city animal shelter. She and her husband adopted a big red/brown Dobie who had been abandoned after someone had broken his leg (it was likely a drug house). He was not too trusting either, but eventually got better. He was never good around kids and they never let him be around any.

Anyway, Paul is gorgeous! I know he'll get very pampered with you.

Thank you! I'm glad you like him. Paul seems to find approval from all sides, even complete strangers. I've walked past people in the street with him, and heard them saying "Whoah, that's a cool dog", or "Now, that's a nice dog" (guess the age of the people saying each of those. ). Kids, Teenagers, Adults and Seniors, all love Paul! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Wow, that's a really big... dog.

Well, he's a Dobermann Pinscher, not a Miniature Pinscher.

The Miniature Pinscher is not a toy breed, by the way. I mean, you wouldn't call a Dobermann a toy breed either, right? I think the German name, which translates as "Dwarf Pinscher" is better, because "Miniature" always makes people think of "Toy breed", I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Jaz, he is beautiful!
What does Cora say about he new brother?

I think she's a bit jealous at times. For example, she usually doesn't eat those tooth cleaning bones (Denta Rask, I think) by Pedigree Pal. So when my sister found one left over, she grabbed it. My sister thought, she'll drop it somewhere again, like she did before (that's all she ever did with those bones). However, later we discovered she actually buried it in the garden, which is something she had never done before in her life. Just because she *knew* that Paul would get it.

But she also learned some new tricks from Paul. For example, after she saw Paul ripping off and eating the new Bamboo shoots growing out of the middle of the lawn, she first seemed to scoff at the silly new dog, but not soon after she started doing the same, and now you can regularly see them chewing on bamboo shoots. They like the stuff so much we have to keep them from biting off the bamboos shoots close to the actual plants. We want to keep those, but the ones in the middle of the lawn they can eat if they want.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!