Thread: My Web Series!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #39
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Oh lord, I don't think I made much sense in my last post...
On the contrary, it was a great read. Plus, your addressing my criticism helped me watch the finale without the ballast of half-expecting the wrong kind of twists, and thus enjoy it for what it was. Anyway, I haven't posted because I wanted to see the ending first, and I hadn't been able to before today because real life (= exams) interfered. I now did, and here are some random thoughts. Sorry for listing them in a somewhat incoherent manner. (And note to anyone silly enough not to have watched the series yet: ALL SPOILERS!)

The ending was perfect. You were very wise to change the original one. My interpretation is the same as Jelena's, but I am glad it cuts to black before we can find out.

Previously, I was hypothesizing that by the end we'll be cheering on Allan and hating Al. I've got it at least half-right! But, were we supposed to hate Neil as well? He was extremely apathetic in his helping Al all this time, and downright forgot about his friend by the time of the final confrontation. That was uncool.

I know it's hardly the focus of the story, but I was a bit sad the time travel model didn't turn out to be self-consistent in one way or another. Or self-admittedly inconsistent.

Of many nice little twists in the final two chapters, I must highlight one: Emma admitting she's bored with Al's striving to have everything perfect and (literally) by the book. Such a great development, both surprising and obvious in hindsight.

Finally, I have to say it once again: I am in utter amazement by how you milk the sci-fi premise to create the all the situations and observations almost anyone can relate to. Particularly in the last episode, every action and line of dialogue seemed to have at least one additional layer of meaning. Simply beautiful.

That's all I can think of now. All in all, despite any criticisms I had/have/will have, I thought you cooked up something really special there, and I believe it does come through in my posts. I'll most definitely be waiting for your next project.