View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 05:04 AM   #18
Royal Fool
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Haven'tr tried the singleplayer version yet, but the multiplayer I did check out. It was wickedly cool. Infiltrating a place in the dead of night and using the shadows and walls for cover was really neat as a spy, and being a mercenary and hunting down the spies was also great fun. I didn't expect the multiplayer to be so well designed, to be honest.

Still, the game modes all sound pretty much the same and I dislike the fact there's only 4 players supported. It would have been cool as hell to have perhaps 2 spies vs. 6 mercs in some military installation or large warehouse with bundles of crates to climb onto and get between floors easily to disorient the enemy. All the same, having to sneak around and set traps is a very nice touch. This certainly proves that multiplayer with stealth features can be done efficiently.

EDIT: I gave additional game modes some more thought, and here's a few I thought of:

Tag - 1-2 spies vs. 2-6 mercs
One spy has been surrounded inside a building or some other secluded place. He has to avoid being caught by the mercs for a set time. He can attempt to hide and can travel around the map using vents and the like but the mercs' primary objective would be to search for and kill the spy.

Protect - 1-2 spies vs. 3-5 mercs
One merc ('commander') has a datastick that contains vital information. The spies must get the merc and recover his keycard before the timer runs out. The mercs must protect the commander at all costs. Perhaps the spies would have to bring the keycard to a certain location and the mercs would have the ability to recover the datastick again in case it would be taken from the commander.

Just some ideas, of course. I'm no designer...

Last edited by Royal Fool; 03-31-2004 at 05:14 AM.