View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #21
Veovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I call Resident Evil Action-Adventure. & I think if I have to go in that line than Silent Hill more scary than RE.
As much as I love the Silent Hill games, have you really played the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil? It definitely is THE scariest game I've ever played, scarier than all the Silent Hills, Fatal Frames/Project Zeros and the rest of the RE:s, including other versions of the first one. I agree that it's an action adventure though and it's actually harder action wise because of some new "features" compared to the original, such as zombies coming back to "life" if you don't kill them by a shot in the head or otherwise set them on fire (and you need petrol for that). And if you let them come back to life they are like ten times harder to deal with than before. Overall not too difficult though if you set the difficulty to easy.

Agree with you about Black Mirror not being scary. Can't understand why people insist on refering to it as horror adventure just because that's what it says on the box. It's a thriller and it has great and dark atmosphere but it's IMO nothing even close to horror. Good game though.

Dark Fall (the first one) is my favourite horror adventure from this decade. Also worth mentioning is the rerelease of Inherent Evil, a game originally released in 1999 and that I think very few people have played. It has a few weak spots in its design but overall it's quite scary.