View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #36
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

The "making it easy part" has got me worried, because like a lot of other folks, I thought the original Beyond Good and Evil difficulty was just perfect (not too easy and not too difficult). What I am worried about is Ubisoft management interfering with Michael Ancel's genius and design, to serve the lowest common denominator, instead of just letting him make the game he wants to make.

And I find Yves Guillemot's logic that the first game didn't sell because it was too difficult insulting to our intelligence. Wouldn't people need to buy it first to know it is difficult? And from when was difficulty a measure of a game's success? I understand a game like Ninja Gaiden not selling as well because of its sadistic difficulty, pointed at by many reviewers, but Beyond Good and Evil is no where near that game in terms of difficulty. Hell it is easier than most of the other Ubisoft million + dollar franchises. Maybe Yves needs to consider blaming his lack of marketing for a fresh new franchise, and that these kinds of games like Psychonauts, don't necessarily attract the trigger happy FPS crowd.

Firefox rules