Thread: Japanese "RPG"
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #100
Codeguru
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamisoriX View Post
Final Fantasy XIII will be realtime. I mean the battles. I wwant the DS one
That would be a shame, they've already screwed it up making another female main character in 13. Number 10 was only decent and hardly any notable side quests, X-2 was satan incarnate, 11 is plain boring, 12 isn't even an RPG. If they mess up 13 any further they might as well call it quits for that series. It's hard to believe the same company ruining the final fantasy, chrono trigger and just giving away Xenogears to those gay hentai writers that made Xenosaga. If you want a decent rpg now, look to PS2 and run away screaming if "Square-Enix" is printed on the box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
I ended up selling all my JRPG's (Dragon Quest VIII, Star Ocean III and FFX&X2).
I just can't bear all that repetetive fighting. Realized I enjoyed RPGs like Oblivion, Okami, Zelda and Fallout a lot more. Shame though. I'm missing out on a lot of good stories
So basically you don't like battle mode, you like rpgs in quake form? How is Zelda and Oblivion not repetetive fighting? The only difference is on Oblivion you level up your skills on the way doing a story type quest each time, and thusly you lose gameplay hours because it's not possible to add that much in a game and still make money or meet deadlines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
I'm in the mood of playing something JRPG with emphasis on story rather than battles with mechs in it. What games out there are there?
I've noticed that Xenogears and Xenosaga has mechs in them and looking at the reviews they've gotten, they sound at least ok. However, are they still good given today's standards or have they not aged well at all?
Uh, Xenogears is great, Xenosaga is a chick flick. Whatever today's standards means, Xenogears is about the best kind of RPG you could ever hope for all around. I rank Xenogears on the same level as FF6 and Chrono Trigger easily. If you like a billion hours of cutscenes in an estrogen driven closet lesbian/gay fest, you might try out the Xenosaga series, but I had to quit playing halfway through the second game. Also Xenosaga one ended about the time you'd expect to fight the middle front boss of any other game. If I can beat a game in 30 hours going at my pace I guarentee most people are beating it in 10-15...

Codeguru

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 06-02-2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: merged