View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 02:34 AM   #19
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I saw the premiere yesterday with two friends and to my surprise I didn't like the movie at all.

I don't know, the whole waiting for the movie was great since they announced that they are finally making the fourth Indy, the trailers were great and I was really expecting that the man with the hat is back.

I think I had waited for the return of Indy ever since I was a small child when I saw the trilogy for the first time.

We even pre-bought our tickets for this movie and I've never done that before with any other movie

Then when I saw what Lucas and Spielberg had done, it felt like flushing a classic franchise down the toilet.

What happened to old school Indy?

Spoiler:
Don't even get me started on Indy's son and the frigging aliens, or the utterly stupid and pointless Tarzan scene that has no place in a movie like this or the unbelievable amount of plastic looking computer effects that they used. Why did they use marmots and monkeys so much anyway?

The whole jungle scene with the sword fighting and driving stuff could've been done better, now they just went to a studio filmed everything in front of a green screen and let the computer people do the rest...

A true George Lucas moment was the wedding in the end...

The movie had many good scenes like the scene when Ford and Broadbent were at Indy's home, that was excellent.

Also John Hurt and Harrison Ford were absolutely great in their roles.
Harrison sure showed that age doesn't matter, he was as great as Indy as always before

Please mr. Spielberg and Lucas, don't do a fifth movie. I really wouldn't want to see anymore movies like this one.

I was surprised to see that IL&M effects ruined this movie for me, because a week ago IL&M effects in Iron Man were quite good indeed.

I seem to remember that Spielberg talked in interviews before they started filming that they would not use special effects so much, that they would make an old school Indy, like the first three were. I guess they just wanted to make a generic modern action movie with plastic effects after all...

I sure as hell won't be buying this on dvd.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.