View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Ninja Dodo

Welcome to the forum, Musically.

I'm extremely selective when it comes to buying console games and I've never owned more than a handful for any system. Being predominantly a PC gamer I have only ever bought consoles when there was a game I just had to play. I do not buy games because I "should be playing my [insert console here] more"... I'm not married to the thing.
Certainly, once I own a system the barrier to entry is lowered and I'm more likely to pick up titles I would otherwise have passed on, but I don't feel some OCD compulsion to buy games for it if there's nothing that genuinely catches my interest.

I bought a PS2 to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus and if I had bought no other games I would have been completely okay with that. Worth every penny. As it turns out I also picked up a few others, but that was gravy.

I don't buy into the whole console as investment malarkey. I buy a console when there's something I want to play on it and the price of admission is fair. What I don't do is whine about a lack of hypothetical games...

There are other platforms.

[edit: I should preempt any offense-taking by clarifying that I don't feel anyone here falls into the 'whining' category, but it's an oft-heard and frankly tiresome argument]

Last edited by Ninja Dodo; 04-25-2008 at 01:21 PM.