View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
MikaelS
King Silly

Thanks for your input Buddi, it's much appreciated! It's hard when you develop the game, and it's all clear in your mind and you know exactly what's going on...thus these things might happen when some things might be difficult to understand for others. For example that phonecall things, now I see after your comment it probably is hard to understand which textline is dialogue and which is narrative. I swear I had it on different color though... Also there actually is some facial animations while talking, but it isn't much; just minor movement on mouth which might be hard to spot..I'll make these things better too for final version, though I'd love to find someone do animations. There's so many ideas in my head, but can't really implement them without correct animations as I'm not very good at them and writing this takes so much time as it is.

as for the disturbing/sick scene, I suppose if you're ok with South Park, this shouldn't disturb either...people are different; I know many might find it funny too, instead of disturbing, while others scenes like that can completely put off the game and I can respect that.

as for you being stuck:
Spoiler:
You have to look at the crow in the tree to progress. I know it's shouldn't be an obstacle to continue though, guess I wanted try player to explore the little enviroment there is on demo. I'm aware it's a bad solution and I'll think of something else there for final version. Demo wont continue much longer after that.

Envelope 'index out of bounds' issue is known, I've no idea what is causing it, but it won't crash the game...and yes, I should delete it after examining and add something like just photo ( so player can compare it to actual scene and spot the right position in ground so it wont be actually pixelhunting in blind). It seems I forgot to add different variables on toilet, same with cat ( most cat comments were adjusted, but guess forgot some). It surprisingly hard to test your own game since I don't have any beta testers...thus I posted demo and every feedback is valuable.

My biggest problem atm is creating puzzles, because in somewhat realistic world, I want to keep it realistic and things that make sense...and this can be extremely difficult. For example, why should hero be stuck in getting some item, while he could easily go out there and just buy it? Just one example. I guess I should implement "thought" inventory as well, combining certain thoughts and ideas like some games use ( discworld noir, diamonds in the rough and blackwell games) to add opportunities and variety on puzzles. It would also help the player to understand better what's going on, after combining thoughts etc.

Thank you for your offer, you're right; English isn't my first language, so minor errors are bound to happen and I'd love it if you took a look at and proof-read it ( and make suggestions) before the whole game is finished, Buddi.

Last edited by MikaelS; 04-23-2008 at 06:24 PM.