View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #95
Austruck

I'm new here but not new to AGs. Been playing since some of the Zork text games, but more seriously since discovering Myst in the mid-90s with my four children (then ages 10 to 6 months). I was a newly single mother at the time, and we had a computer with a CD drive that my parents bought us. We'd gather around the computer, with the older boys taking turns at the keyboard, and we'd all try to work our way through that fascinating game. It's a bonding experience with them that I'll never forget.

Since then I've amassed a large amount of adventure games -- many from The Adventure Company/Dreamcatcher, and a bunch of others, including some real oddities (Physicus, anyone?). I haven't played them all, but I do maintain one older computer in the house specifically to play older games that didn't get ported to XP. Now I'm playing AGs offline (The Awakened and Obsidian right now, plus a few others I've started and need to finish -- The Black Mirror, Dreamfall, Amerzone, etc. etc.) ... and also am getting into Guild Wars (which amazes me -- I'm shooting stuff and collecting bling!).

I'm going to be 47 next month, am a mother of four (two grown), and have loved alternative music since the mid-90s. My kids borrow MY CDs, go figure. ("Jeremy, when will I get my Pearl Jam CD back??") I was probably the oldest person at the Nine Inch Nails concert here a few years ago, but so what? Trent's almost my age anyway.

I've been online for over twenty years now (1987) and look forward to gaming for the rest of my life.