View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #18
BucketBot

I really hope that you don't take this the wrong way, but I think maybe you are being a little too closed minded about online games (please don't be offended by that). I hate fighting with real people too and I play lots of online games. It is going to be really hard to find a game the same as MYST Online, but there are lots of great games out there. They might not stay fun forever, but they will entertain you for a while.
If you were to play a "traditional" online game you wouldn't have to kill real people or risk being attacked by them. You could play EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online or Pirates of the Burning Sea all without having to kill any real people. They have servers that are for PvP (Player vs Player) and then they have servers for PvE (Player vs Environment). You can do a little leveling by killing animals and doing quests and never have to fight with a real person. You could specialize in trade-skilling where you just make things for other players. You pretty much never have to fight with anything that way and you get to make wonderful and fun things and make lots of friends. Online games are only as violent as you make them.
EverQuest 2 would be a great game for you to check out. I hate fighting and I know several other people on there who hate it too and they just trade skill. Almost everone on there are mature (not kids like in WoW) and very friendly.
The nicest people I ever met were on Lord of the Rings Online. Again, you don't have to fight with real people if you don't want to.
In Pirates of the Burning Sea you get to raid the pirate ships of computer controlled pirates. It's almost exactly like Sid Myer's Pirates (I know I spelled his name wrong), but online. You don't have to kill real people. Just raid computer ships. It's really fun.
I don't think you would enjoy WoW (World of Warcraft) at all though. You don't have to fight real people there, but everyone is pretty immature and they can be quite rude. Especially to "n00bs". Plus the graphics aren't great, so if you are looking for a beautiful game WoW will rank low.
I think if you just looked into the more usual online games you could find something that you could enjoy. Unless you are absolutely deadset against killing anything, not just real people.