View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 AM   #41
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It's the day of an important clinical medicine test, and you're standing outside the hall with the three other candidates, five minutes before the test is due to start. This particular written test is extremely important for you, because your success in getting the job that you're applying for requires you to get over eighty per cent on the test, and to beat the other candidates. There's a problem, though... you don't know anything about clinical medicine.

The other candidates consist of:

- A bespectacled geek, who's busy reading a book on quantum mechanics ("Since I already know everything about medicine!").

- A slightly drippy-looking woman with braces, who is dressed in a pink princess outfit and playing with a toy pony despite clearly being in her early thirties ("Aren't you a key-oot little pony-wony?!").

- A proud, headstrong woman with a solid level of medical knowledge and good social skills, who just happens to be your sister ("Um... what are you doing here?").

Items you can take into the test room with you: A stethoscope, one of those hammers that doctors use to tap knees, a white coat, an engraved fountain pen (full of permanent ink).

Items that must be left outside the room: Your mobile phone, a copy of Medicine for Dummies, a dog-eared copy of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, no tea.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.