View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Jehane

I absolutely hate it when my character can die in an adventure game. If it's a situation I can handle, no problem - I died a couple of times in the first Broken Sword but always managed to find a way out so I only needed two attempts at those situations (one in which George, sadly, died, the second in which he succeeded). That's ok with me and in the BS-games you usually know something's going to happen, the situation is going to be more dangerous - save and see if you can continue. What I absolutely hate are the in-game-deaths that occurr without warning and provide you with a game-over. And I hate action-induced in-game-deaths - that's why I'm having a real hard time with Lost right now because there's one sequence that could be oh-so-easy to handle if I were allowed to run. But no, I'm not because I carry some dynamite with me. Therefore, Ubisoft says, I must walk and try to escape some deadly fiend. Needless to say, this is really, really annoying and no fun at all. No, I'm not a fan of in-game-deaths. Never have been, never will be. They spoil the fun for me. Mind you, if it's an action game I play, I expect death. But I don't want that in an adventure. When playing an adventure, I want to concentrate on puzzles, story, characters. I don't want to think about where I could die next and how I could escape that fate.