View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #24
Gonchi
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I'm 24. I've been playing adventure games since I got a PC back in 1992, and I've never actually met a fan of the genre (not online, I mean). I'm currently living in Uruguay, though I've lived in several countries, and at the most I've been able to get some recognition from people when naming Monkey Island or King's Quest.

My sister has played a couple of adventure games (Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, 7th Guest, Blackstone Chronicles... and that's about it), but she not really into computer games. My niece on the other hand loves games, she spends hours playing free java-based online games and constantly asks me to let her play my games. I installed EcoQuest for her and we played a bit, she enjoyed it, although she doesn't understand English all that much (she's only 4 by the way).

I've played a whole lot of Adventures, particularly from the late 80's up to a couple of years ago. I haven't been able to keep up with recent releases since moving back to Uruguay. Never tried IF's, but I won some of Infocom's games on Bastich's last trivia tournament so I plan to give them a try eventually.