View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 AM   #16
Melkor
Evil Incarnate

In two weeks I'll be 24, don't know how that happened, but I guess I had it coming (I'm sure most of us do). Been playing since I was a toddler, pretty much. Learned my first DOS commands before I could walk (or so they say), and when I was a kid I used run back and forth between my dad and his computer, asking him about the meaning of all the weird English words.

Sadly, I don't play as many adventures as I used to, but when I find the time I sit down with one. And that's an important aspect of it for me - actually sitting down with a game, much like you do with a movie. It's much more fun letting yourself getting really immersed.

I'm confident there will be a new awakening in the genre, I have confidence in people like Telltale and Autumn Moon, and all the small houses popping up here and there can only be good. Adventures are such an efficient format, and seeing as the gaming industry has gone the way of the movie industry, I'm sure quality games will soon pop up more than ever before out of smaller businesses.

Oh, yeah, congrats with the big sixty!