View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
mgeorge

Well as much as I hate to admit it, I'm over 50. Yikes!

Yes yes, I'm a very old man. Never even had a computer l until I was over 40. The first computer game I ever played was Amber Journeys Beyond that I picked up at Staples. I liked the box art and have always loved a good horror story. I remember it was 5 bucks and took me over a month to finish it. Why so long you may ask? Well, I sucked at puzzles then and still do!

I then bought a game called Lighthouse, that had a crying baby as part of the plot. Very freaky. But it was just to hard for me and I gave up on it along with AG's in general.

I then found Half Life about a year after it came out and got hooked on FPS's. Problem was, I never did find anything as good as my first real love, and as far as straight shooters go, still haven't. I then found Thief, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and more recently Vampire Bloodlines and even more recently Bioshock, all of which I've played multible times. I now play many Thief fan missions because of the lack of good quality games nowadays. (plus FM's are free!). But as much as I love Garret and his world, I needed something new so recently turned to AG's.

So far I've enjoyed the change of pace. As to my real life friends, they consider computer games childish and make fun of me for playing them.

Foolish friends.