Thread: Weeper
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
Haze

Oops, sorry for not checking back here sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1 View Post
It looks great and the premise sounds interesting. Is it going to be a point and click game ? Will there be voices ? Please come back and let us know how everything is going.

Cathy
Thank you. Yep, it will be point and click and almost all of the characters have people doing the voices so far. Someone is working on music too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman View Post
Hi Haze,

Welcome to the forum
You project sounds a very good idea and the storyline also seems to be very intresting. I am looking forward for more updates regarding your project to come in near future.

I wish you best of luck for completing your project.
Thanks! Here's some info/updates...

Weeper will contain sixteen characters - all of them have fairly major roles at some point in the game and various subplots that can be explored. I'm aiming to make the game fairly non-linear and leave it up to the player on how much they investigate into a character's story, although missing certain clues may have an effect on how much is revealed at the end of the game.

There will be unlockable secrets, which is a feature I'm hoping to expand on more in later chapters and when the project is finally complete. These come in the form of polaroid pictures hidden around the house.

More of a disclaimer than any real info; the game is aimed very much so at a mature audience - the plot will contain some violent scenes, and themes of sexuality, prostitution, drug abuse/addiction, some potentially offensive religious themes. I didn't set out to make the game that dark deliberately but it's just the way the story developed in my head, seemed a bit silly to tone it down afterwards. Generally I wouldn't think it's anything worse than you would find in a 15-rated film.

This probably won't pop up in the first chapter because the tone of it will be much more peaceful than others, but it will be possible to die. There will be scenes later on in the game where the protagonist finds herself in danger. This will be sort of along the lines of 'death scenes' in the first two Broken Sword games, or the Clock Tower series which is where I got the idea.

A few more pictures: