View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 03:26 AM   #9
Ninja Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saff678
My sentiment is that the Israelis have tried harder than the Palistineans
My sentiment is that they both keep throwing logs at the same rate, but the Israelis have bigger logs.

Quote:
What irritates me the most is that the US has not sent anyone to mitigate the conflict, as it traditionally has done. What may irritate me more is that Europe and the UN have not sent anyone in recent memory.
The US doesn't go in there because Israel doesn't want them to. They don't need their help to bully the Palestinians anyway. The UN doesn't go in there because the US wouldn't let them. *cough*VETO*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger rex
I mean, the land is Jewish, what is all this hell abuot? The palstinians should jus pick up and go.
I'd ask if you were kidding, but I doubt you are...

Unless you count the bible as historic evidence, the Palestinians were there first. They then got kicked out of their homes and watched the Israelis take over their land. Now, of course it's pointless to argue that the Palestinians should get that land back, because that's just not gonna happen, but the fact that the Israelis have since continued to steal land from the Palestinians and are even today building walls and creating illegal settlements outside their borders, taking even more of Palestinian territory and that they are, as we speak, negotiating with Washington (!) about what bits of Palestinian land it would be preferable for them to steal... is an absolutely disgusting crime against humanity.