View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
Since I don't have any work obligations, I could sit at the computer most of the day and half the night (and have done so), but I decided a while ago to purposely shut down and go do other things, such as take a walk, read, dig in the garden, visit friends, make cards, write notes with pen and paper, watch a movie, or just sit and think. I've found that a balance is important for my well being.
I'm slightly similar, though I work part-time. I've decided to do a once-a-month holiday by the ocean (Venice or Santa Monica depending on the mood) where I will take pics, work on my writing, blog, and just enjoy the sun and air. All i need is my book to read, my backpack, phone (for picture taking and blogging), and lunch money.

There was an NPR story recently about the psychology of being tech dependent. I'll find it and post the link.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien