View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 05:14 AM   #12
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is switch on the computer, and the last thing I do at night is turn it off. I hate not being able to be on the internet, I use it for everything. It's my primary source of information, whenever I want to know something I can find it on the internet in two seconds. I use it for keeping in contact with people, I prefer to rush off an e-mail or instant message than phone someone. Even when I'm not doing anything in particular on the net, I still find it comforting to know it's there, in case something pops into my mind that I'd need it for, so if for some reason I get disconnected I feel uncomfortable. When I go on holiday despite the fact there are lots of interesting things to do and places to go, there'll still be some point in the day when I want to be on the internet, so I'll pop into an internet cafe to check my e-mail or Facebook.

I may have a slight problem, but to use a nerdy Star Trek analogy, the internet is a bit like the Borg Collective, and I like 7 of 9 can't stand to be cut off from the hive mind.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena