View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 04:42 PM   #19
Maxwell Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Are you kidding? There hasn't been a more epic quest since KQ1!
I know you were being sarcastic here. However, while it's true that "saving the world" might not be a unique theme, that doesn't automatically invalidate a game or movie or book that uses it. It's a common theme, but I think for it to be presented in such a complete (some have complained "long-winded") way, with all the different characters and all that dialogue that someone obviously took much care over--well, that is a rare thing, especially in a computer game.

I thought the long monologues could've been more interesting by interspercing occassional changes of camera angles, but I still enjoyed them. And I also would have liked it if some of the plot, including the end, had been different, but I do that with any story or game or movie that has captured my imagination. I think of different scenes and new ways the plot could be "improved," but just the fact that I'm compelled enough to do that means the initial execution of the story grabbed me. Yeah, TLJ is one of the best adventure games I've ever played.