View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #87
Ksandra

Simo, if you weren't referring to anyone here then what exactly was the point of your comment? I honestly can't think of anyone here, or on any of the other boards I've seen, who I'd describe as 'overbearing' in their requests for information. Just because you've gone overboard in the past doesn't mean you can now go to the other extreme and describe any kind of fan expectations as 'overbearing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen View Post
Creators in the entertainment industry are not serving our needs any more than we are serving theirs. It is thankfully far more complex and prismatic than that.
How, exactly? They provide us with games and we provide them with money; it's as simple as that. Just because game development is a creative industry doesn't mean that it isn't a business just like any other. If my employers chose to just ignore our clients for months on end we would lose all of them, and with good reason.

I fully agree that game designers should be treated as human beings, as long as they extend the same courtesy to us and don't treat us as if we're beneath their notice. I'm not suggesting that anyone is doing this deliberately, but like it or not, if you neglect the fanbase and stop replying to people you have communicated with previously, that's the impression you give off. And that really is all I have to say.