View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #1142
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
I don't know, the story was pretty obvious to me and I loved the fact that it was presented in a totally unobtrusive manner. Pay attention to little details in the world, like newspaper clips on the walls, and you should be able to piece it together on your own.

By the way, if you've just gotten past Ravenholm, you're nowhere near the half of the game. It's a long one.

I'm playing Freelancer at the moment. I was really hungry for an Elite type of game and the basics are fine, but there's an awful lot of repetition and unnecessary waste of time. The mouse and keyboard controls work well, but playing it with a proper joystick would be much more enjoyable.
Obvious? I must've forgotten what happened in the first game. I recall performing some experiment and then all kinds of monsters invaded. I can not remember them being in any organised form. Just monsters that kept attacking. The Combine was nowhere to be seen or heard as far as I can remember. It's in the second game that I hear that humanity has succumbed to these so called Combine, but I don't think I've met any of them yet. Also, why is it that these head crabs only attack people in white lab coats ?

Anyway, battling stryders now. Just destroyed a fourth and seeing a fifth climbing into the plaza...