View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 AM   #1141
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Made it through Ravenholm and on my way through the highway chapter. The story so far is on par with Gears of War. I don't understand what I'm fighting or why. The monsters and soldiers attack both me and each others. I'm assuming the monsters are the Combine and the soldiers the civil guard, but then they should be allies!?

To piece together this sorry excuse of a story I went and read this since it's obvious to me by now that I've missed something or the story got lost somewhere around alpha and gold.

Where the hell is all that information!? I've played Half-Life, Opposing forces and more than half of Half-Life 2 and I can't piece together all that the linked site contains.
I don't know, the story was pretty obvious to me and I loved the fact that it was presented in a totally unobtrusive manner. Pay attention to little details in the world, like newspaper clips on the walls, and you should be able to piece it together on your own.

By the way, if you've just gotten past Ravenholm, you're nowhere near the half of the game. It's a long one.

I'm playing Freelancer at the moment. I was really hungry for an Elite type of game and the basics are fine, but there's an awful lot of repetition and unnecessary waste of time. The mouse and keyboard controls work well, but playing it with a proper joystick would be much more enjoyable.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 02-20-2008 at 03:28 AM.