View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 03:45 AM   #24
Ksandra

I hate to say this, but Gray Matter is turning into a complete joke. The official release date is almost upon us, we've had no news for months (and not much before that), and yet GM is still top of all the anticipated release charts just because it's being made by Jane Jensen (never mind that her last 'adventure game' was basically a tarted-up version of Minesweeper). I don't think I've ever seen a game generate so much hype with so little effort on the part of the developers - oh, wait, yes I have.

I don't want to imply that I want or expect Gray Matter to fail - I don't - but I really do feel that Jensen and her publishers are taking the piss here. I mean, all they've given us so far is a handful of not-very-impressive screenshots, a few interviews, and a trailer that shows almost nothing. Even the people at the Cort-X fansite are saying that their emails aren't being answered any more, and they still haven't had an answer to the interview questions they sent out last June. At the very least, GM should be moved down the Hype-o-Meter at the next update if we haven't had any news by then.