View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #3119
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Juno

16 Juno is a mature and way too cool to be true teenager who after seducing her best friend ends up pregnant.

Here starts possibly the funnist film of the year and of any other.

Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

Ellen Page is superb as the wisecracking Juno who uses humour to mask her insecurities. After getting pregnant she first looks into an abortion and then decides on adoption. After finding their advert in a Pennysaver magazine (next to the exotic birds) she meets with rich couple who will adopt the baby. Jennifer Garner is the seriously uptight wife and Jason Batement her ex grudge singer husband who Juno immediatly bonds with.

So Superb acting, superb music throughout (includ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rWjuIanddY) and a hilarious script.

A sweet and funny coming of age movie.

5/5

Cloverfield

So the most hyped movie of recent times. Blair Witch meets 9/11 and Godzilla.

Wow it actually lives up to the hype. Entirely shot in camcorder (warning film not for the motion sickness sensitive) we start in New York at a party for Rob who is going to Japan. Suddenly there is a huge explosion. New York is under attack from an unknown force.

What follows is a scary as sh*t voyage across New York as Rob and a small band of people try to survive amongst the chaos and reach Robs girlfriend.

Catching glimpses of a huge monster running amok in the city while the Army battle it with tanks and rockets. It is mostly non stop from the bridge attack to the pants wetting subway tunnel journey to the finale.

Superb SFX as you get glimpses of the monster, it's damage and the army attacking.

Thankfully it never explains the attack or the monster which adds to the mystery and suspense. Ufortunatly the easter egg after the end suggests a sequel and this is one film that really doesn't need one.

Refreshingly Brilliant.

4.5/5

Last edited by Lucien21; 02-03-2008 at 12:19 PM.