View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:59 AM   #18
redhotray
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Minnie
You people are truly twisted....

Just my type of crowd!

We all got home last night and we're just hangin' out this week. My husband's sister drove up all the way from Ohio in a weekend madness trip with her hubby and two college-aged sons, just so they could see little Julian!

Julian's doing great, and I had (embarassingly) the shortest, easiest labor in the history of mankind. My water broke Saturday night 3/20, but it was a little trickle and I wasn't sure what was going on until oh, about 4:30 AM Sunday. I'm sure my daughter Eve and hubby Scott were quite grateful for the timing. So we took off, dropped Eve at my mother-in-law's (she doesn't drive), and went to the hospital. I didn't feel any contractions for quite a while, and was actually 4 cm dilated already when I hit the hospital. :eek: Two hours later, I was feeling contractions about every five minutes, but I could talk right through them; they were only moderately painful. I told the nurse I had to go to the bathroom and she yelled, "NO! Don't go! It might really be the urge to push!" Well, son of a gun, she was right! She checked me and I had dilated up to 8 cm! About another hour later, laying in my bed chillin' out, I hit 10 cm! The delivering Doctor kept pushing me to take the drug pitocin (mega painful, horrid drug that I continually refused) because my contractions were weak and only every 5 minutes or longer, and pitocin speeds up your contractions. Hell, I pushed that baby out in another 50 minutes with those same pokey, weak contractions, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Honestly, I could have ignored many of them if I'd wanted to, really! But once I started pushing with them, they intensified as I'd push, then they'd go away again when I broke for air.) I just took breaks in between pushing because the contractions were spaced so far apart. My sister said later, "Oh, that doctor probably had a golf game she wanted to get to!" Julian was (for me) a whopping 8 pounds 5 oz, and the doctor was pretty shocked little skinny me even got him out!

Okay, the Cry Calls....

Now here's the good part below....

That's awesome, congratulations to you and your family.

Take care and rest well.

You've earned it.

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!