View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Jannik

Default [online portion closed] Questionnaire about adventure game interfaces (and more)

Hi all,

We are a small soon-to-be game studio in the pre-production of our first adventure game.

We believe, and hope , we have a pretty good understanding of which elements that can make an adventure game interesting to play, but we feel a bit more unsure about how adventure gamers today feel about what makes for a good interface in an adventure game. Especially we would like to know which type of verb system modern adventure gamers prefere.

The impatient readers can take our short questionnaire (it's only five questions) by clicking this link.

For at bit more explanation keep on reading

Back in the day, most interfaces in adventure games where quite comprehensive, some would call them troublesome. Today it seems that most adventure games come with more simple and easy to use interfaces, some would call them dumbed down.

When I read forums like Adventure Gamers it seems to me, that adventure gamers have very different opinions about adventure game interfaces, so please help us creating a good adventure game system by taking our short questionnaire.

We know that some people prefere different types of interfaces depending on how the game is designed, and what it's about, so the questionnaire is deliberately made quite general, and should comply to both first person and third person adventure games - And it doesn't cover everything, just the bits we feel uncertain or curious about.

I should probably mention, though it might be obvious, that the game is aimed at everybody who likes adventure games: If we wished to appeal especially to casual gamers, we would of course chose a quite simple interface.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to use this thread to discuss adventure game interfaces, the questionnaire and everything in between

Last edited by Jannik; 01-12-2008 at 05:47 PM.