View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
Terramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
and to Terramax: I don't think that by stating that they want A-list actors for their roster they mean that they will use them to create character models or faces for the game or whatsoever.
What I think they meant was their usage for things like motion and voiceovers which would help to push the game.
To me, it's the same thing. Using an actor's name in any way, to mean, gives the implication that a game hasn't got anything good to go by.

Although there are the acceptions, from what I'm aware of, Pixar films rarely use sellable names. At least not shamelessly in the same way other companies have with their animated films, like 'Over the Hedge' and 'A Shark's Tale' which heavily boasted the fact they had A-list actors and celebs.

Same with Studio Ghibli. Never tooting using famous voice actors in their English dubs. Then they used Christian Bale, Emily Mortimor and others to cover the fact that Howl's Moving Castle was the worst Ghibli film yet.

Quote:
Even though I consider this a good idea I think that QD is good enough with their current roster of motion and voiceover performers because they proved it with Fahrenheit.
Exactly. Couldn't agree more. If Heavy Rain really is such a great game, it doesn't need these actors other than to increase sales, as it'll suffer without [the famous stars].

Quote:
And with the current situation in adventure game scene I think it would be a wise move to try something different and maybe change the direction of the adventure games as we now know them. Because I don't think that any company can make a simple 3rd or 1st person point & click adventure which would be interesting for the majority of 'adventurers' any more.
I like the idea of moving on to, but not without maintaining the quality of a game. But as stated, using actors is a heavy implication there isn't anything revolutionary going on here other than a game that's slightly more pixel perfect than the last.