View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #44
Hasimir

I fail to understand HOW this game could get so much credit!
It was barely "acceptable" to me.

Tecnically, it was a PAIN to play.
From the Movement control to the whole Inventory system.
And I was lucky enough to get only one crash (many other good players fell in the line of duty due to this )

The gameplay was, overall, desperately booooooring.
I constantly felt that every element of the game was built to make a short story last longer.
Also, many times I felt that the main character was plain stupid: she stumbled on something, noted how important it was, then asked people about useless and unrelated thigs ... come on!
The best result achivable was to reduce the times you had to re-intervie someone from 3-4 to just 2-3.

Bad game, made worst by all the hype and expectation created reading the (unexplainably good) cooments about it.

It had potential...yes.
The setting is quite well made and deep, it feels concrete and real, interesting to explore (not physically, but socially and culturally).
And the story could have been quite good...a "remote" criminal investigation that ended up revealing so much more than expected.
With a very strong lead-up to the sequel game, and a much bigger mistery-plot involving human salvation.
(And the quote from Wargames, awsome! )

But the GAME itself literally ruined the experience of the story and adventure, for me.
I seriously hope they change...well...everything for the sequel (the story SHOULD be very cool, let's hope the rest matches up).

Just my 2 cents

[edit]
I forgot...my final score was 94 or 96 ... can't remember ^^

Last edited by Hasimir; 12-24-2007 at 02:11 PM.