View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 06:34 PM   #8
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

I finished the first mission just a bit earlier. Gawd dammit! Why are they leading me by the f#&king hand?!! This is not tactical stealth game anymore. After achieving the mission goal I wanted to....

Spoiler:
....backtrack through the train cars to get back onto the roof for extraction, but when I get to Soth's compartment the game 'fails' me. What is the big deal? It made me instead sneak forward to the engine car. The copter shooting at me was anticlimactic, all I had to do was run to the rope from the Osprey, I didn't even get hit. Why couldn't going through the front car simply be one of a handful of choices?

In fact, the level was so linear it actually confused me more than it kept things clear. What was I doing wrong, I thought. There was basically no choice but to go where they wanted you to. I never felt so restricted! I could cry. I would not buy this game, but Sam is so damn sexy !!! I really, really hope Thief: Deadly Shadows doesn't turn out like this. I want tactical choices, not handholding!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien