View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #75
Terramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
In many ways I agree with you. I'm not saying that I think that BS3 was bad, but it was perhaps spread out much more than it needed to be.
Yes, that's what I was getting at. There are plenty of games that are quick to complete but you enjoy every moment of them, and then there’re mediocre ones that try to thin themselves out far too much.

I did like certain elements of BS3 i.e.

Spoiler:
I loved returning to the Australian cave, this time opening that allusive door to reveal a colourful tomb of sorts.
Sure, it was more Indiana Jones than BS, but the visuals, puzzles and even the music just clicked in what I think the game was really trying to achieve.

The more upbeat feel was more in synch with the originals also.

Of course short games go against some gamers who somehow feel cheated if they buy an adventure, RPG, heck, even FPS that doesn't last them at least 40hrs. Where the heck do people find the time to play games for that long?

I feel that if Revolution really wanted to make a darker, more action orientated game they should’ve made a game that wasn't Broken Sword.

The original title In Cold Blood sold well enough to go Platinum. Why did the company feel the need to use an established adventure like Broken Sword to fulfil something that this franchise clearly wasn’t?

Quote:
One of the strengths of So Blonde is that the whole game takes place in a relatively small place, we re-use locations and re-visit characters and many of them develop along the way. We had a lot of fun with this game. I want to build on that with my own ideas.
Sign me up for being excited So Blonde. After all, it's the characters in adventures that make me play them. If I want a game for amazing graphics and endless exploration, I'll play Farcry instead.