View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #61
lissawray

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Well...for me the thing that is really hard to find in adventure games is a good story. That includes good dialog and interesting characters. That's the main reason I like adventure games. Puzzles are not my primary concern, though there are occasions where bad puzzles ruin a game.
I also find that voice acting is extremely important. If the story and dialog are good enough, I prefer having no voice acting at all than a mediocre one.

Examples for voice acting are everything from lucas arts...
For story, games that come to mind are TLJ/Dreamfall, Grim Fandango, Moment of Silence, Still Life, Culpa Innata, Sanitarium...
I was just thinking as I read the question in the thread was Sanitarium! It was one of my first adventures and I loved it! The Zork's also. I think what I like the best is ongoing character's, I love sequels. Plot is next, then graphics and such. But the people you get involved with and become for me is THE thing. I don't know if this is a common thing among adventure gamers but I read ALOT, almost more than I play so it gives me an oppurtunity to use my vivid imagination.