View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #1037
MdaG
Master of time and space

Resident Evil 0 (Gamecube)
My second RE game. The last one I played was RE3 on my PC back in 1998 I think. I loved it. This is also a good game with a creepy atmosphere and satisfying zombie action. It's far from perfect though. As RE3 it's plagued by weird puzzles that would fit an arbitrary fantasy adventure far better. The controls are clunky and it feels like I'm piloting a Mech and not controlling a person. Also it's REALLY annoying that the inventory is so limiting as I keep having to backtrack every now and then to pick up items I've had to put down due to lack of space. I'm currently wandering around in the academy about 4h into the game.

Call of Chtulhu - Dark corners of the Earth (X360)
Now this is horror. Everything about this game so far screams quality. I'm snooping around the port town of Innmouth looking for a young lad gone missing. The locals don't take kindly to me snooping around and what a drunkard just told me made me understand why. I hope the game keeps on being this good as so far this is without a doubt the best horror game I've played. Resident Evil has a lot to learn for this game.
Downside is that there are some graphical glitches in the emulation. Oh well, it's not too annoying...