Thread: Japanese "RPG"
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #87
Davies

Probably not everyone here will love it, but I've got to recommend Ahriman's Prophecy. It's FREEWARE, so you can give it a try and see what you think.

For an indie game, it's just mind-blowing. It's a huge game. I have to say I haven't finished it -- might not even be halfway -- but as far as I've gone it's great, and looks likely to remain great the rest of the way. Good graphics, interesting quests. There is quite a lot of combat, but each fight is over quickly and it doesn't dominate the story.

My only quibble is that the interface takes some getting used to, and there's not a lot of help available in the game. You'll need to do a certain amount of experimenting. Once you're familiar with what to do when, and what all the icons mean, it works well enough.

One bit of advice: Before moving on to a new area, make sure you're powered up and tooled up enough to wander at will through the area you're in and handle anything it can throw at you. Otherwise you're going to end up dead quite a lot.