Thread: Darkness Within
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #47
The Will

TetraH:
(spoilers again, so don't read unless you're stuck here aswell)
Spoiler:
The symbols on the back of the statue are unreadable, but if you make an imprint, they become much clearer. On the switch in the electric fence room is some putty. Use that on the statue to make an imprint. Then use the paint brush with ink on it, and stamp it on the blank piece of paper in the room with the trap door. Now we've got a piece of paper with the symbols like this:

[circle] [eye]

[scales]

As for the order of the disks, I believe we're supposed to get that from the book you mentioned. If I remember correctly it says something like the eclipse is the beginning and end of things. This led me to believe both discs of the sun should be at the beginning and end (left and right). As for the human discs, my reasoning is as follows: When the sun is normal, everything's fine, so I used the disc with one man. The eclipse seems to be an overall bad thing throughout the game. Especially in the last dream where you had to get back the dream catcher. So the picture of two men would indicate this other, darker personality.

Long story short, I think the order of the big discs should be:
fltr: Sun - 1 man - 2 man - eclipsed sun. With the eye in the middle as you said.
As for the small thingies I just went with the order on the piece of paper. So circle - scales - eye.

Unfortunately, this didn't do anything. So either I've gone bananas and my mind's as messed up as Howard's, or the small images need to somehow be set in a way so that the big discs are all right side up. Any ideas?

Gah, so simple. I thought I had allready tried that combination! Well, at least my logic somehow makes sense. Cheers. ^^