View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #25607
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
In other news, I'm buying far too many Disney films. Zero to seven in the space of about a fortnight can't be good for me.
Quote:
I don't yet have that one, though I am tempted to order it.

Currently Own
Bambi
The Jungle Book
Mulan
Lilo & Stitch

On Order
Cinderella
Pocahontas
Tarzan

Good choice. You can't deny the quality of the classics, and Tarzan isn't bad. I especially love Mulan, and Pocahontas was quite fun as a kid (I had the Pocahontas Barbie.). Mulan is absolutely excellent.

Quote:

I've realised that Disney films are great to watch when a) you don't have much free time and b) you don't want to have to think about what you're watching. I can just sit there and watch pretty pictures while silly songs play (in most of them), which has a certain odd pleasure to it.
I am glad you have finally seen the light. Also, remember what I said about Mulan. It is a great motivational movie. Whenever I feel gloomy, I watch "I'll make a man out of you", as that song really gets your spirits up and tells you never to give up. It's so beautiful, the part where Mulan reaches the top of the pole never fails to bring a happy tear to my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
You're also missing The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King...
Indeed! "The Lion King" is my all time favourite. Aladdin is just great, and I was a sucker for "The Little Mermaid" as a kid (I always used to draw her sitting on that rock where she sings "Aaaaaa-aaaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaa! That's why I want to be human!" [the lyrics might have been a bit more elaborate...but that's how I knew them as a kid.). I can't even remember if I actually ever saw the movie as a kid...but I must have, because I *knew* what it was about, and knew the songs. But I just can't remember. I know we never had the video.

Quote:
They've been released on DVD, but Disney like children to "rediscover the magic together" (or somesuch piece of marketing speak), which is their way of saying "We're going to stop selling the discs after a few months to keep the prices high"...
Indeed. That's what I hate too. Do you know how much of a bother it was to get the "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" double DVD after a year had passed? I hated the single DVD cover, and I wanted to have the double DVD in any case.

Which reminds me, you should get "Atlantis" too. That's one underappreciated Disney movie. But it's great anyway. No songs in this one, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
(I know I'm going to regret this....)

What tattoo are you going to (possibly) get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
A Leopard 2 MBT with a broken heart on the hull?

@Rob:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
That's my girl!
I'm going to get the symbol of Torment, with Deionarra:

I know, I know. So many people had that same idea. But I've also thought of designing some myself, talking of my achievements in life (a la Fell's tattoos for the Nameless One. Like the Razor Angel ink. Or the one you can get when you have killed Grosuk.), should I get some more tattoos. (No, I don't plan on killing anyone.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!