View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #86
Lucifiel

Okay, having just finished Delaware no. 3: what a letdown.

The game's atmosphere is a huge improvement from the previous 2 games and it's a lot spookier and even more twisted. The story is a lot more interesting and for the first time, you get to play as Kelly and this time, the cast is even more varied.

But. The developers still have not done anything about that very awkward navigation system which I suppose they throw in, to add more complexity. To make matters worse, some of the screens look almost similar, thus navigating around the amusement park becomes even more complicated and extremely confusing. :/

Surely, it would simply take a quick remapping of the entire layout to make things better? Also, if they had cut down on the number of screens by maybe 1 to 2 or even 3, they could allocate the resources to creating more interesting puzzles which would add value to the game. It's not just the number of screens which matters but also the story and enjoyment factor too.

Also, the final puzzle was really confusing. I mean, what the heck? The maps were absolutely blurry and kinda hard to "see". Plus, clicking on the "wrong" map will reset the entire puzzle and there's no input of any sort: you just have to figure it out yourself. It wouldn't have been such a dizzying trip if the maps weren't all over the place: so if you click on the wrong map, I heard that the game might even lock you out. (Edit: On a second look, it seems that 'cos there's no feedback being offered during the map puzzle, so players might think they're being locked out of the game.)

Ah well, too bad. I absolutely won't get the next game for sure if it's going to follow the exact same formula though things are just starting to heat up. The developers had about 2 to 3 years to improve things but they didn't seize the moment at all.

Last edited by Lucifiel; 11-08-2007 at 09:59 PM.