View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #988
Dale Baldwin
Super Moderator

Phantom Hourglass - On a snowy island about to enter another temple. I was skeptical about how successfully the touch-screen controls would work, but I'm quite impressed. Only thing that I find tricky is rolling.

Halo 3 - Fearing the penultimate mission, co-op on legendary difficulty. It was bad enough doing it solo on normal difficulty. I foresee many deaths.

Eternal Sonata - Somewhere in chapter 4, about to leave Baroque City. I like how the combat system slowly evolves as you level up. For example, when you begin you can take as long as you like to think about what you're going to do, and the main turn timer will only decrease when you're performing an action or moving. With my current party level, I have a limited time to think, and then the turn timer just drains away if I stand still. There's a counter-attack button I'm not able to use yet too.

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Just started the third continent. I admit to freely looking up the best values of rupees to spend and to ask for as rewards.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - Near the beginning of Act 2, trying to get used to the spirit energy mechanic. I had to spend some time tricking the system to get my energy high enough to be able to travel anywhere.