View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
ThePillarOfLight
Fantasy Writer

Send a message via AIM to ThePillarOfLight Send a message via MSN to ThePillarOfLight Send a message via Yahoo to ThePillarOfLight
Default I was before I started checking reviews

Before I started frequenting Adventure Gamers, I was disapointed in a few of my gaming choices. I was unfortunate enough to try the Crystal Key and the Messenger, which I thought were quite pathetic and meager attempts at adventure gaming. Wastes of my time. And I'm probably going to be the only one saying this, but I thought Syberia was only so-so. I suppose the clock-work people theme didn't really do much for me. Nor did the ending. Finally, Myst 5. The choice to switch from real people to cg was horrid. I miss actually seeing people, a theme that reoccurred throughout the first four games. Plus I still hate that drawing slate.

Recently acquired games I was quite pleased with include Amber - Journeys Beyond, Still Life, and Beneath a Steel Sky. Came across Amber at a thrift store for a buck. Was very pleased with that.

I'm poised to order The Longest Journey any day now, as I've read so much about it here. The demo was fun too. We'll see how it goes.